Store custome color in Impress Template

Hi all,

I have created a Impress template for my presentations. For this kind of presentation I always use a custom set of colors. I created already a custom color palette which is available on my system. But if I move the template to another system, share it with someone or re-install my existing system the custom color palette is obviously not available.

That’s why I wonder if there is a way to embed the custom color palette into a impress template so that the colors are always available with the template.

Thanks a lot!

Please study it:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Videos/Create_color_palette
…and this:

That’s what I already did, as mentioned in my initial post (sorry if this wasn’t clear).

I already have my custom color palette and it woks great.

What I’m looking for now is a way to embed it into my presentation template (otp file) so that when I hand over the template people also have the right color palette with it and can use it while creating the slides.

But if I move the template to another system, share it with someone or re-install…

This is not a problem for me, the color of a custom color palette is preserved on another system, but not the Colour palette.

…or re-install…

This should not affect the existing self-created color palette.
They are located in the user profile, which is not overwritten during installation.

…the custom color palette into a impress template…

You can’t.

My Test file:
86195 HB Impress Test file #FFB6C1.odp (18,1 KB)

Version: 7.4.3.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 1048a8393ae2eeec98dff31b5c133c5f1d08b890
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL

Thanks for your answer and the example document!

The color of my templates slides is preserved as well. But I would like to preserve the color palette. The reason is, that if someone starts creating their slides based on the template they might want to highlight some words, draw something with various colors, etc. Therefore I would like to make sure that they have the right CI colors available as a color palette to choose from. Custom fonts can be embedded into documents, which is super useful for the same reason, therefore I hopped that it is also possible to embed the color palette somehow.

Then, as a workaround, the possibility remains to provide the corresponding color palette file (SOC file) in addition to the document. The recipient would then have to paste it into the LibreOffice directory (may vary depending on the operating system).

Or you create a slide (e.g. in your Impress file at the end) with basic shapes (e.g. a square) whose areas contain your CI colors.

1 Like