This is a block on me using ‘Writer’. I am using Win7.
I upgraded from Libre ‘Office’ 5.4.6 to 184.108.40.206 and can no longer work with any of my documents which use Table of Contents and or Headings - which is most of them.
I have the following two tool buttons visible on my top menu bar:
‘Style’ (Which has a pop-up description: ‘Set Paragraph Style’)
‘Show the Styles Sidebar’ (in Win7 this button design is a capital ‘T’ partially masked in the bottom-left by a green triangle).
To change the font or other aspects of a heading, for example ‘Heading 1’, my technique, which no longer works, was:
- Click ‘Set Paragraph Style’ to open a vertical/“drop-down” list of styles (or click the button who’s pop-up description was ‘Show the Styles Sidebar’ to open a floating box titled ‘Styles & Formatting’)
- Scroll to ‘Heading 1’
- Right-click ‘Heading 1’
- Select ‘Modify’: This would open a box titled ‘Paragraph Style: Heading 1’ which had a number of tabs.
- Select the appropriate tab (eg. the ‘Font’ tab or the ‘Indents & Spacing’ tab) and make the desired changes to the heading.
The technique no longer works.
- Clicking ‘Set Paragraph Style’ creates the vertical list of Styles & Formatting’ and I can scroll to ‘Heading 1’ but if I right-click ‘Heading 1’ then all the text in the document where the cursor is positioned changes to the existing setting for Heading 1! The option to select ‘Modify’ no longer appears.
- The ‘Show the Styles Sidebar’ button on the top menu bar no longer works (I only get a momentary glimpse of the 'Paragraph Style … ’ box).
As far as i can see, this bug was reported in February 2018 and in March 2018:
Previous bug report