Table of contents for a sub-chapter?

Is it possible to create a table of contents that covers all headings under a Heading 2 or Heading 3?

Is it possible to create a table of contents that covers all headings until the next table of contents?

Similar question in January 2020, no solution

The question has a partial solution in 7.4.2.3: the levels are collected starting with the current heading level. That is, if you insert your TOC at a location within a Heading 3 text range, the TOC will contain all entries from 3 to the limit you selected (by default 10) within the current part controlled by this heading.

IMHO, most authors don’t want to repeat the current level heading in such a chapter TOC. I filed bug report tdf#152075. An interesting discussion started from it, suggesting an improvement to the feature to make it user-controllable. But developers are not numerous, so don’t expect a quick implementation.

1 Like

I don’t think there is much change there.
My idea would be to copy the toc wich writer collected, then delete unneeded parts.
The last time i created a separate to(x) I was using LaTeX, so that approach is not repeatable in an office-suite.

You can get around that by excluding the outline and adding the section subheadings in the additional styles.

1 Like

That is exactly what I need! Thanks a lot! I just need to wait for my repo to have that updated version . . .