Table-row and table-column ignore common styles

According to the OpenDocument spec, the table-row and table-column elements can be styled using either common styles or automatic styles. However, if I author an .ods file programmatically (for example using odfpy) and apply a common style to either table-row or table-column, when I open this .ods in LibreOffice Calc, it completely ignores the styles. It will only respect automatic styles, but not common styles.

I’m trying to do something very simple: apply a row height of 1.25in to all rows in my spreadsheet. I do this by creating a common style named “CustomRowHeight”, and supply this as the style-name to each table-row element. But it doesn’t work unless it’s an automatic style, which is not ideal.

And your question to other users on this “how do I…?” Ask site is …?

How do I apply a common style to a table-row or table-column that LibreOffice Calc will respect?

The property RowHeight is not a part of a Cell Style in the Calc application. It is a property of the rows.

The Table Style feature works in the Writer application only.

If Calc does not honor an ODF markup as it should according to the standard, that is a bug, isn’t it?