The Mail Merge toolbar keeps returning after I uncheck it.

I haven’t done any mail merges. Since upgrading to version 7.1.3.2 (x64) in a number of documents, the Mail Merge toolbar is displayed. Once I unselect the toolbar using View/Toolbars/Mail Merge the toolbar is no longer displayed until I reopen the document. This occurs on three different computers and with quite a number of documents. It does not matter whether it is an ODT or OTT file. I have also done a Save As.

If I create a new document the Mail Merge toolbar doesn’t automatically appear. It isn’t feasible to copy and paste the content from one document to another due to length, chapters, styles, etc.

How can I get the Mail Merge toolbar from automatically appearing?

Thanks, Sol

LibreOffice Version: 7.1.3.2 (x64) on Windows 10 Pro

Please don’t post an answer if it is not a solution to your initial question.

“edit” your question or write a comment. Thank you.

If an answer solved your problem, please click on the check mark there in the grey circle Bildbeschreibung on the left side of the answer to color it green
Bildbeschreibung. This indicates to the community that the question was answered correctly.

Hello,

This was a recent change to help indicate the document has an associated database without database fields. The method to repair is not easy and this change is to be removed in the next release.

For further information, please see the comments under the answer in this post → mailmerge toolbar even not required

Hey,

Thanks so much for the clarification. I thought it was something that I had done.

Best, Sol

Answer from @SolFireheart , answer deleted:

Hey Ratslinger,

I have updated to:

Version: 7.1.4.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community

Build ID: a529a4fab45b75fefc5b6226684193eb000654f6

CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19043;

UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US Calc: threaded

Now the problem is fixed.

Best to you, Sol