Touchpad is too sensitive in writer

I use a touchpad mouse on Windows 10, “Keymecher Mano Wired”, see https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41jroXniIYS.AC_SL1182.jpg

When I use two fingers and with the mouse pointer in the body of the window, it scrolls the window. It works fine in the browser and also in OpenOffice Writer. And by “fine”, I mean that the window being scrolled moves commensurate with how I move my fingers on the touchpad. But in LibreOffice Writer, the scrolling is too sensitive. I move my fingers a little and the window moves a lot and too quickly.

Is there some setting in LibreOffice that would allow me to have the touchpad behave as it does in other windows?

Attached is a picture of the mouse settings
mouse_05

Under Mouse Properties, the hardware tab says “HID-compliant mouse”.

There is also a touchpad setting. Right now, it is set to medium sensitivity. Changing this setting will also affect every other window, so I hope there is a LibreOffice solution.

There is another weird thing about Windows. There is a setting that controls scroll speed on a touchpad but you need to have a mouse with wheel connected to access it.

1. In your Mouse settings, scroll down to the bottom and you should see a link Additional mouse options, click it.
  2. The control panel, mouse settings dialogue box will open, there should be a tab named Wheel, click it. If the tab is not visible then you need to have a mouse with a wheel connected.
  3. Under Vertical scrolling, change the setting to 1 line at a time and click Apply, try it out on the touchpad. If too slow set to 2, 3 is default. There is probably more difference between 1 and 3 than between 3 and 100.

Thanks! It turns out that I do have a mouse with a wheel. I have the touchpad and the mouse side-by-side because it is easier to grab stuff with the mouse than with the touchpad.

I changed the wheel setting as you suggest and there is improvement, but I still think there is a defect here. How to submit a request for enhancement to LibreOffice?

To Windows? Just joking, they don’t listen.

This link has info on submitting bugs How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

Cheers, Al