Ugly look for boxes with rounded corners in LO 7.3 (debian, linux)

Hello!
Just installed LO 7.3 (new computer, debian11, bullseye; from bullseye-backports, Open CL does not work).
All my presentation are looking very ugly - not all, but probably the majority of boxes (rectangle with rounded corners) have hitches or crumples (wrinkles).
I exported the presentation into a pdf document and these wrinkles are not there, but there, in the pdf, in the slide’s preview.
I can insert an new box in the presentation and that looks ok.
Astoundigly, if I move such an ungly box a little, the effect disappears.
It’s practically impossible to do this - I have countless of presentations like this with > 100 slides.
Should I downgrade to LO 7.0 (from the original repository)?
It has nothing to do with the files - everything is as expected, if I open them on the old computer with LO 6.1

…Open CL does not work.

What does that mean?

First steps

I just mentioned, what LO show me.
I do not know, what “Open CL” ist (a linux form of “Open GL”??) and if I or LO needs this.
BTW, Inkscape, for example, does not have a problem with corners.
Screenshot_2022-04-01_23-29-07
Example (partial screenshot from the slide).

This Wikipedia page may help.

2 Likes

Have you tried to change the settings for “Graphics Output”? That is in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View.

2 Likes

I know wikipedia by myself.
But, is it in my debian? How do I (have I?) enable it? How can I check it. Why is it not checked by default - does it now work?
If it comes to graphics, Linux is the biggest nightnare ever.
I could send a screenshot, which shows, that boxes with rounded corners in Liberoffice look, just one of the catastrophal result this gives you and this is only the tip of an iceberg.
Regards,
Manfred

Here is an Impress file for testing:
75494 HB Text.odp (15,4 KB)

For me it looks like this:

1 Like

Obviously this seems to be a transitory effect on your screen(?). For better checking whether your LO 7.3.x version has bad manners you could additionally (!) install LO 6.4.7 and 7.5.5 in parallels. (German version of information seems to be better understandable for you? :wink: )
Then you could compare all the versions …
Cheers

1 Like

Looks nice!
But not on my Linux (Debian with XFCE4).
I expect exactly this.
In the meantime, I am on LO 7.4.7.2 but the problem remains.
On an older Debian (buster, 10.x) with LO 6.1.5.2, this problem does not exist.

Try First steps