Updated to latest version of Libre office and it crashes on opening

Hi guys, I updated to the latest version of Libre office and it crashes on opening. I’ve tried booting in safe mode and that’s the same. So im kinda stuck. I’ve searched the web and this seems to be a common issue with no solutions as yet. Not being able to get into it even in safe mode does restrict what i can do as far as i know. Any ideas or leads? or should i just downgrade to the previous version ?
I’m running with 10 pro, (20H2) 8 Gb ram. many thanks
glenn

Is it the LO 7.5.0?

The suggestion to use LibreOffice safe mode is not related to Windows safe mode.

On the start menu under LibreOffice find the entry that says LibreOffice (Safe Mode) and click that.

You will see this dialogue, tick the box Disable hardware acceleration (OpenGL, OpenCL, Vulkan) and then click Apply changes and restart.

If LibreOffice opens OK, then click Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View and untick the box Enable Skia for all rendering.
Note that instead of unticking Enable Skia, you could try Force Skia software rendering. More info in First steps to take before submitting a bug - The Document Foundation Wiki

If LibreOffice doesn’t open then go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, right click LibreOffice and select Repair

1 Like

no i used the safe mode feature in Libre office from the start menu … the dialogue box you show above never appeared because the program closed before opening.

In that case try the repair option.

Make sure your anti virus isn’t interfering, you might need to add soffice.bin to the allowed list

I believe I have sorted the problem.
I found a Libre Office download patch in my downloads folder and clicked on it. My assumption was it was the update patch so I gave it another go.
Miraculously it appears to have resolved the issue.
Libre is now working again.
Thanks so much for your help.