Why is there not a delete option in sheets for officelibre calc?

No delete option or copy move or copy sheet!

I know this sounds crazy but there is NOT that option any longer. These options, images that you displayed were there as of 2 days ago. I came in yesterday and it was missing. I restarted the computer thinking it could be like our phones. And STILL nothing. The delete and move/copy sheet option are gone.

This sounds really weird - which OS are you using and which LibreOffice Verision? May be you need give

• Resetting your user profile as per FAQ
  • Reinstalling you LibreOffice

a try.

Have you customized your menu’s? If yes - Go to Tools -> Customize -> Tab: Context Menus Select Sheet Tabs Bar in category Taget and click to Defaults

I have looked to customize, yes. And it was already set in there as if it always has been. 6.1.5 is what I am using. I think I canceled my other comment. Sorry! I replied back with… I have one spreadsheet that has BOTH the options in the sheet tab, I have one spreadsheet that has ONE option in the sheet tab, being (move/copy). And ONE spreadsheet, my everyday use one, the one a I am referring to that does NOT have the options.

I’ve never had an issue like this in my years of Office Admin work. But have never used LibreOffice either. When I was hire on here everything had been done by paper ledger since 1955 hahahahahahaha… I started here 3 months ago. Also when given the computer, windows 8 I was not able to download excel. Because microsoft office had not been installed. Which they thought had been when buying and setting up the computer to begin with?? Soooooo I was left with LibreOffice (being free and all)

If there is only 1 Sheet in a LibreOffice file, then there is no “Delete” option, since you cannot delete the one and only sheet.

One spreadsheet has approx 25 sheets (no options)
One spreadsheet has approx 10 sheets with (both options)
One spreadsheet has 3 sheets (one option)

Did you follow my advice above? And which file format are you using (hopefully .ods ?)

Yes I did… except the reinstalling part. If I do that will all my work be deleted?

I’ve meant the

Go to Tools -> Customize -> Tab: Context Menus Select Sheet Tabs Bar in category Taget and click to Defaults

part. It may be that the customized settings are stored within the respective file and thus resetting the user profile will have no effect,

Yes I tried that as well. I do not have a Sheet Tabs Bar. I do have one that says delete sheets. It was where I is supposed to be. It is tagged. and defaults have been clicked. I even tried un-tagging the delete sheets and then tagging it back. Still nothing. I know it may seem as if I’m not doing something or skipping something. But I assure you I am not. *Sigh

Ok - I can’t help an further without a testcase. You can upload an anonymized version of your sheet (just delete all data in all cells). I could take a look then, and please add your operating systen and the version of your LibreOffice installation.

Edit > Track changes > Record: Uncheck.

There’s a bug preventing sheets to be deleted while tracking is on.

I just had the same problem as you, and found out about the bug while preparing a test file for @anon73440385.

For Pathologists:
I did every step here, including uninstall, delete settings, upgrade to 7.0.2.2, and nothing worked.

p.s.
I think libreoffice doesn’t have automatic testing suits / TDD. There’s no other explanation to the amount of stupid bugs I find on a daily basis, just for normal usage.

Hello,
may be I didn’t get you right but all is there - just right click on the sheet name and you get a context menu.

image description

Second option:

Go to Sheet in menu and you also will find Delete Sheet and/or Move or Copy Sheet... and Rename Sheet

Third option:

If you can’t delete or move sheets, then Tools -> Protect Spreadsheet Structure... might be enabled.

Not sure if still an issue …
Check if you have Recording mode active. This will disable delete/copy worksheet commands

I’m having the same issue.
The last time I use Libre Office Calc about a week ago I was able to delete, move and copy sheets and now I either don’t have that option in the contextual menu or it is greyed out under the sheets tab.

Thank you;

Steve

This doesn’t answer the question but if you can’t delete or move sheets, then Tools -> Protect Spreadsheet Structure... might be enabled.

It does not look like it is on.
And I have not turned it on (I’m the only one that uses this computer and spreadsheet.
When I go there it asks me to create a password to turn it on.

So what can I do to fix this?