Write (LibreOffice 24.8.2.1) crashes when trying to copy more than one line containing URLs

I’m using Write 24.8.2.1. When I try to copy more than one line containing URLs in a document, Write crashes. If I recover the document and copy just one line at a time there isn’t a problem. This has never happened with previous versions of LibreOffice. Any suggestions? There is a dump file if it helps.
I’m running Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, Build 22631.4169 on an 11th gen Core i7-1165G7 (2.80 GHz) Dell with 16GB Ram. With the document open there are still 7.98 GB of memory available.

I can’t replicate the problem. Can you share a document having this problem? Additionally, have you tried safe-mode and creating a new LibreOffice user profile? LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki

It is Update Tuesday right now. Windows goes unstable until it has finished installing updates and has been allowed to restart. Check after restarting at least once. I don’t have a problem either with copying or pasting multiple URLS.
One other possibility if still problematic after ensuring the above is complete. Click Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View and tick the box Force Skia software rendering. Click OK and allow LibreOffice to restart.
Version: 24.8.2.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 0f794b6e29741098670a3b95d60478a65d05ef13
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 11 X86_64 (10.0 build 22631); UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-NZ (en_NZ); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL threaded

A sample document is attached.

Try to Copy a block of lines. Either Cut them from the document or Move them to a new location within the document. (Cut & Paste OR Drag with cursor). Write has crashed with all those actions.

If Write hasn’t crashed on a Copy or Move I’ve had it crash on executing a CTRL-Z.

I’ve had this problem since LibreOffice 24.8.2.1 and had it happen today with a document without URLs as well.

I assume you’re using the same build so if you can’t replicate it I’ll try your suggestions. (safe-mode and creating a new LibreOffice user profile) Alternatively I could try rolling back to the previous version of LO. (?)

VIKI Movies.odt (93.6 KB)

No issue
CPU threads: 16; OS: Windows 11 X86_64 (10.0 build 22631); UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: es-ES (es_ES); UI: en-US

Please test in safe mode, Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode

1 Like

Thanks Ash733, mariosv, and EarnestAl, I will follow the suggestions. I haven't had this problem before so I'm traversing new ground. I will let you know if we're successful.

``

I can’t replicate the crash using your document.

Try safe mode and if that works try creating a new user profile.

Another thing to consider is whether you have any software or utility installed that monitors the clipboard and/or a 3rd party clipboard manager.

CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 11 X86_64 (10.0 build 22631); UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: en-AU (en_AU); UI: en-GB

For me it crashes whenever I try to copy more than one line no matter the content.

Try in LibreOffice safe mode

Finally able to work on this. So far the new user profile seems to do the trick. It changed the look but I’ll get used to it.
My thanks to all who responded!!

Have you had luck in fixing your crashes?

Icon theme can be changed in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View
User Interface (UI) can be changed in View > User Interface