Calc Forms labels got messed up

Hi !

What happened may be due to a crash then restore.

Everything looked ok. But next day all forms did not show labels but texts like
&392.Writer.NomFichierDestination.Text

as in this image

2022-05-25 18_06_32-RS VII.ods.Standard - LibreOffice Basic

I got the feeling that is linked to a problem with cell naming. As, in the name list, I got a name “_X” as in image, then I lost all names of the sheet I was working on !
2022-05-26 12_25_27-RS VII - (2).ods - LibreOffice Calc

Yesterday I fix it updating a previous version. This morning I made a copy of the spreadsheet: the copy is with the problem! But the original is not !!! :frowning:

Is there a known way to fix this bug, or should I restart from blank spreadsheet to be safe ?

I’ll appreciate any suggestion ! Thanks

spreadsheet example (letting just one form, the one in image above, accessing through macro editor).
Regards - Séquences exemples.ods (16.9 KB)

Version: 7.3.2.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 49f2b1bff42cfccbd8f788c8dc32c1c309559be0
CPU threads: 2; OS: Windows 6.1 Service Pack 1 Build 7601; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: fr-FR (pt_BR); UI: pt-BR
Calc: threaded

Hello !

Data entry is ok and I can add new control.
2022-05-26 13_33_43-RS VII.ods - LibreOffice Calc

and (note that added control is clean!)

2022-05-26 13_36_27-Regards - Séquences exemples.ods.Standard - LibreOffice Basic

and the spreadsheet with a button to call the form
Regards - Séquences exemples.ods (19.4 KB)

I hope it answer your question !
Philippe

That dialog is an anti-feature. It lacks too many features to edit spreadsheet lists properly. Leave it alone. LibreOffice comes with a database component where you can design your own user-defined input forms with your own layout writing input data to one, two or many tables.
If you can’t develop your own database solution, learn how to edit a lists in a spreadsheet and you will see why the broken “data form” is completely useless.

To “repair” that broken anti-feature, I would try to start in safe mode with a new user profile (menu:Help>Restart in safe mode…).

Hi Villeroy!

The dialog is not to fill the sheet with data.
That dialog has filePicker, a folderPicker and a text field. Só I can use the user picked file (Writer document) in first, copy it to the folder picked in second with the third field name, then make change to that new copy with some data.

I do not know about the database component you comment, could you give me some references please ?

But let’s try to explain it better !

I guess that dialogs are not the problem. Just the symptom !

I am pretty sure that the cause is in the restore after crash and envolves cells names list ! I should look for a version of my aplication / spreadsheet which looks fine and how to reproduce the problem. And the problem envolves the cells names lists as I described it earlier which was something like :

• after deleting cells with a group name appeared a name “_X” with #REF!
  • an other action made all the cells names of the sheet disappeard from the list
  • then I saw the dialogs has been messed up (when?)

Now I rebuild the spreadsheet from previous version and it looks fine. I am pretty sure that there is no way to fix the dialog problem (it has been an instant problem while we can create new clean fields with no problem). But I don’t know if the cells names list is ok and if the problem could occur with the end user ! And that’s something I’ld like to be able to check !

I hope that this problem/symptom could help someone to fix some L.O. bug. ! (For so, depending on the answers here, I may register a bug!)

Thanks

I have no idea what that dialog is. I assumed you were reporting a problem with the built-in “data form” accessble via menu:Data>Form… documented here: Data Entry Form for Spreadsheet

If your dialog belongs to some extension or home brew “macro solution”, you should contact the developer of that extension. We can’t give any advice on 3rd party software.

Oh no! It is a very L.O. regular dialog ! No 3rd party package installed! Normally it looks like that:
2022-05-27 09_33_08-Regards - Séquences Exemples.ods.Standard - LibreOffice Basic
and if open the spreadsheet I posted, you open the macro editor where you can manage it without help of 3rd party package or so ! :slight_smile:

A glance at the XML for your dialog shows that the problem is definitely being written to your ODS–so if it’s a run-time failure, it’s during save. I’ve added a dialog and checked on my system, and the new dialog does not seem to be corrupted with the odd help-text and value attributes.

I’ve pasted the as-it-were corrupted XML into the spreadsheet itself and added a test dialog:

Regards - Séquences exemples.ods (18.3 KB)

Try editing the new dialog (Dialog1) and then do a save/close/reopen and see if it gets corrupted, perhaps?

Thank you for your attention.

This explains why some day I worked on a clean spreadsheet at night but opened it the next day with dialogs messed up !!! I thought “waoh! Something changed alone during the night!” :slight_smile:

I added a button to your dialog1 and save it … everything ok.

I am not surprised as I did it yesterday as showed in message above, and confirmed it was working.

and (note that added control is clean!)

As I described it, I guess that the problem started with named cells deleted with a new on “_X” ! I may have save the spreadsheet later which (why? how?) messed up the dialogs XML ! May something else has been envolved … don’t know !

That’s why I’ld like to be sure that the named cells list is 100% ok !

Thanks again !
Philippe

Sorry !

I checked oldest versions … “#REF!” appears in 2022-05-15 !

2022-05-27 21_35_47-Gerenciar nomes

So it is not related with the problem (I guess it is result of some test I made those days)!

But I remember that the trouble with dialogs appeared before (or at the same time ?) than problem with named cells (named cells group exactly, loosing all names of a sheet …)

Philippe

Hi! Hope you are ok and “online”! :slight_smile:

I made a new version of the same worksheet. I did not have the problem described here. But the user I made it for get it!!!
I send her the worksheet. She does a few things (she is still learning it) and all forms are getting corrupted the way I showed 2 years ago!!!
I am using W10, she is now using W11. I made a test on a notebook with W10 and not been able to reproduce the problem!
It is really boring she has to work with all forms messed!!!
I am surprise that the problem has not been detected by others users. My programming level with VBA is quite … basic !
Thank for your attention

may help. here is the code used to finish an operation, move back to catalogue sheet …

after something written in f_Catalogue, protect it
restore desabled in controls of current sheets for next time
close current sheet (and do minor stuff)
set some variable to force updates in catalogue
save document

f_Catalogue.protect("")

msgBox "Séquence.s générée.s ! "
	des_habiliteControles( _formulaire, _NouvelleVideoControles, true)

NouvideoFermer(ligneLibreCatalogue,nbSequences)

' pour forcer recharger
	CAT_Finaliser()

thisComponent.store()