Can not select slide layout

Libreoffice 7.3.7.2 Community on Ubuntu 22.04.

I got a Powerpoint template that has about 20 custom slide layouts. When opening it in Google Docs and create a new slide, I can select any of the available slide layouts:

However, This is not possible in Impress. I can only select standard variations of the title layout:
(see below, due to 1 embedded item max for new users)

Is this indeed not possible or am I doing something wrong here?

The pptx:
Power Point Presentatie blanco.pptx (252.7 KB)

This is the layout selection in Impress:

Thank you for the answer. I now know I don’t need to look further.

1 Like

I am not sure if my screenshot objects your statement…

1 Like

For me, the Master Slides panel is empty.

I had to really search for that ‘master slides’ panel. I don’t get why such a common feature is hidden so deep.

Version: 24.2.1.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 420(Build:2)
CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 4:24.2.1~rc2-0ubuntu0.22.04.1~lo1
Calc: threaded

There is more than one way to check the Master Slide view (e. g. menu View | Master Slide :: menu Slide | Change Slide Master).
What can you do to receive the Master Slides?

• Update to the latest LO version
  • Restart LO from anew as Safe Mode (menu Help)
  • Check the converted presentation file Power Point Presentatie blanco.odp
    Hopefully there is no loss in format. It contains the mentioned Master Slides as well as the Powerpoint file.
    Power Point Presentatie blanco.odp (227.0 KB)

Thanks for all the help. In your odp file I can see all the master slides. The problem is likely in importing the pptx.

I’m on the latest Ubuntu version and this is the version that comes with it standard. I will try and install the latest LibreOffice from the libreoffice ppa.

A shame that Ubuntu doesn’t really keep up with LibreOffice versions.

I would not blame Ubuntu for that. The regular reposistories grant the stable versions of LibreOffice, but the latest versions you receive by using PPA (or simple download). I prefer the mentioned PPA version despite there are rarely differences to the download versions. - Godspeed!