Cannot set Background color

I have 2 Ubuntu2022.4 systems. Libreoffice is 7.3.6.2 on both. Calc only the Set Background color does not set color on 1 system but does on other system. It seems there must be a tools Options setting difference between the 2. Any ideas??
the color is set to yellow in both cases.

Version: 7.3.6.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.6-0ubuntu0.22.04.2
Calc: threaded

Are the same fonts installed in both systems?
Do both systems have the same user profile?

Do you meant the background color of the

• cells?
  • application?
1 Like

The Cell Background

i have standard Fonts Latin Asian Complex
Do not know what the Profile is maybe Tools>>Options which there are many??
I am able to change Font Color but not Cell Background. It does show the Cell Background color when i double click Cell

Use the Cell styles. Choose the Background TAB of the style editor.
CellBackgroundColor

My fonts are different between systems. The system that fails has fewer Fonts.
Trying to Install all Fonts that Ubuntu2022.4 installs I seem to be going in circles.
Thanks Ken

• How do you (try to) do it? Please, edit your question and add the steps there.
  • It is the same file on wich you are working?
  • Share your UI language (use the copy button from menu Help - About LibreOffice, and paste here).

Thanks.

I created the attached Calc file. I select a Cell with cursor or up down arrows. Using tool bar Background color i set to yellow.
the cell remains white background not yellow. If i double click on cell the background is yellow??
Attached is the Calc file and Help copy. Thanks ken

Untitled 1.ods (12 KB)

(Attachment Untitled Document 1 is missing)

i think the file was the Help copy. changed to writer file to try thanks ken

Help Copy.odt (14.2 KB)

I see them correctly (my document backgroun is light blue, and now I am on Windows 10.0).
imagen

This is from the system that fails? (I pasted it in your question). Can you share the version information of other system to compare.
There are a few questions that point to the VCL.

Another option is try to Restart in Safe Mode (menu Help).

Hello, Booted working system and using TAR copied a Calc file from falling system to working system. It works fine on the working system.
Attached is Copy of Version Info from working system. I do now think, if i reinstall Ubuntu on failing system it will work??
Here is Copy/Paste
Version: 7.3.6.2 / LibreOffice Community

Build ID: 30(Build:2)

CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3

Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US

Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.1

Calc: threaded

Version Info Working.odt (13.2 KB)

If in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Accessibility you have ticked the box labelled Automatically detect high-contrast mode of operating system (Switches LibreOffice into high-contrast mode when the system background colour is very dark.) then you might see that effect. From Help:

• “High-contrast is an operating system setting that changes the system colour scheme to improve readability. You can decide how LibreOffice uses the high-contrast settings of the operating system.
    Cell borders and shadows are always shown in text colour when high-contrast mode is active. The cell background colour is ignored then.” (my bolding)

See Accessibility .

2 Likes

Hello, LibreOffice Accessibility Settings Checked are Allow Animated Images
Allow Animated Text
Use System Colors for Page Previews
Auto Detect High Contrast Mode is NOT set

When I get time will re-Install Ubuntu not sure but can try

Thanks for all your efforts. Will update after Installation Ken

Hello, Ubuntu has Appearance and color settings. I have change some settings and now the Backgroud color works.
Cannot determine which setting or what I did to change it. I am confused but it works.
So the problem can be closed. Should I Close ??
Many Thanks for your help Ken

I would guess an accessibility setting for high contrast in Ubuntu. The OS can override LO settings

Problem can be closed many thanks ken