Corrupted file : SAXException : Opening and ending tag mismatch: rPr line 2 and ins

ohhhh Thank you so much!!! I had found the XML mismatch and repaired the file but still was not able to recover the document.
Is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future?

Don’t use DOCX as your main format.

1 Like

Hello,

Please help,
Yesterday all was working well with my file
I opened it this morning and received this error message : Erreur de format de fichier à la position
SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: rPr line 2 and ins
', Stream ‘word/document.xml’, Line 2, Column 692478(row,col).
A huge part of my work is gone, i’m gonna be in trouble with my compagny PLEASE HELP ! Here a link to download link WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1A7xS6dhjn69jtlv21dYGA0sixVxpYPhZ

You are a god !! Thank you so much ! <3

Dear all,

I am facing the same type of problem editing a document (opening and storing in DOCX format) using track changes, using libreoffice 7.6.2.1

When reopening the file, I face the following error:

An error occurred during opening the file. This may be caused by incorrect file contents.
The error details are:
SAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: sdtContent line 2 and moveTo
at ./sax/source/fastparser/fastparser.cxx:615
Proceeding with import may cause data loss or corruption, and application may become unstable or crash.

Do you want to ignore the error and attempt to continue loading the file?

Sayinq yes opens the document, but everything (most of it) is missing. The text stops were I moved a citation inserted by the citation software Mendeley.

Here is the link to the file:

Would be great if you could help me to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot

Thomas

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=16EclNStiOd6JvKhWJZgZWF_YvJ2ohRa2

Dear Mike

Super, Thanks a lot! You fixed the problem.
You help us a lot

Thomas

I’m having this same problem with this file:

CBS 11DEC23 AEOC Exam Paper WIP v4 anna-edit2.docx (45.5 KB)

Could you help, please? And, is it explained somewhere what it is you do to save those files?

Best regards
Carsten

I produced a fixed version myself. I unzipped the docx file and “recovered” the XML by doing xmllint --recover word/document.xml. So that’s a possible way to go.

2 Likes