Custom gradient colors missing after saving: where are they

I much appreciate the Format - Area and select Gradient option (missing in Apache) and the extensive ability to customize such, but when I do create/Add custom colors then after I close LO and reopen it then they are nowhere seen.

So if I right click on a document page and hit PageStyle>Area>Gradient (or create a Frame and double left click on the edges and hit Area>Gradient) and create/Add a custom color and use that in a document, then the next time I load the document none of the custom gradients are listed when i go to Area again, even though they are applied/seen in the document I saved.

I tried going to Colors and switching btwn palettes but that does not restore the missing custom colors under Gradient. So I would like to know where these custom colors are stored and how to make them available for future use. I am using LO in Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, with its program installed in C:\Program Files\LibreOffice, with the user files in %localappdata%\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user.

Also, I wonder why the Format - Area and select Gradient option is not available for Tables? Thank you for any help and I thank God for those who provide LO.

Edit your question to mention OS name, LO version anf format under which you save your document (.odt or .doc(x)).

Please do not use Add Answer but edit your original question to enhance the details of your question (answers are reserved for solutions to a problem on this Q&A site).