Display of palette colour name in tool tip

Hi,

I am using LibO 7.5.2.2 (AARCH64, build 53bb9681a964705cf672590721dbc85eb4d0c3a2) on an MBA running macOS 13.6. In the colour palette dialogue (testet in Writer), when mouse-overing a colour square, the colour name is displayed in a tool tip. This behaviour disappeared in LibO 7.5.7 and did not return in LibO 7.6.2, both run on the same Mac. No effect of enabling/disabling extended tool tips.

Found this Display of palette color names in the dialog

post at this site but the text there does not help. Is this a bug or do I need to change a setting after the updates?

Thanks,
SV

This answer might help although not directly, Font Colors naming - #7 by EarnestAl .

Or you could copy the palette from the earlier version to the newer

Hi EarnestAl,

thanks for the tip. Followed your instruction, downloaded and named standard.soc, copied it to:

$HOME/Library/Application Support/LibreOffice/4/user/config

Tested with 7.5.2.2, colour names show up. Tested with 7.5.7.1, the same palette appears but no colour names show up. No change after renaming the palette to def.soc and selecting it.

SV

Can you see tooltips when you hover over icons in the toolbars? If you do, but you don’t see tooltip for colour palette then best to report a bug, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

For some reason I missed this:

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=155039

Thanks for help,
SV

1 Like