Form Text Box to add initials and then lock the field

Good Day,
What I am looking for is to add a form text box. that would be used so that the person using the form would enter their initials, and have them click a button field and that button click would lock the text box . OR where the Text Box would be locked by some other action.

I suppose that another option would be a button that locks the entire form.

Basically looking for a easy version of a digital signature , a box for initials that they could click a button and lock , or something of that ilk .

Thank you in advance. !

If your purpose is some form of digital signature, have you considered the Digital Signatures built-in feature?

I don’t use it personally but read at least built-in help for basic information.

XML form, database form or PDF form? Where are the input data going to be stored?

It would be stored in the same form it was entered in… ?

sounds like just How can I set the author name to my name in Office Writer?

Not exactly in your option… the person who owns the LibreOffice, would have THEIR name put in there… but what we are doing would be a form , that is taken to a meeting on a computer, and then, while at the meeting the form is filled out… and there would be 3 different people , none of whom are the person with the form, who would enter their initials. and then lock the field. .

Does that make the question clearer ?

This sounds really like signing the document. See if this is what you’re looking for (digital signature after which it is impossible to modify the document).

It basically is what I am looking for… but it does not seem like what I am trying to accomplish is do-able in Writer… I do not want , or need them to have their own passwords /certificates/files/ etc… I just want them to be able to put their initials in the box and then to have is saved/locked so that it can not be changed after ?

something like this -

from the control :

sub done(ev as Object)
   ev.source.setEditable(false)
End Sub

or from anywhere :

ThisComponent.Drawpage.Forms.getByName("myForm").getByName("initials").setEditable(false)

(could be a dropdown list rather than a text box)

Good Day

Since I have never done this and have no idea where this information should correctly go, can you provide a step by step instruction. This would be greatly appreciated…

Thank you for all your help !

see attached :
initials-ask110809.odt (34.8 KB)

Good Morning…

Thank you for your assistance. I was able to use your example … and that will work perfectly
Thank you for getting me over that hump ! Much appreciated !

Thank you !