How do I create labels from a spreadsheet?

I want to print labels from a mailing list i have on a spreadsheet.

I went into File - New - Label and created a label the size i want. But i dont know how to import data into it.
In the ‘database’ section it only gives me the option to select Bibliography…

anybody can help me on this ? that would be awesome…

The spreadsheet document needs to be registered as database. Therefore you have to generate a .odb database administration file. Goto File > New > Database. Check “Connect to an existing database” and select “Spreadsheet” from the drop-down list. Next. Select your spreadsheet file. Next. Check “Yes, register”. Finish. Save the .odb file, for example beside the spreadsheet file.

Make sure, your spreadsheet has columns labels. They will become the database field names.

1 Like

Great directions. I did it. But what do I do after I get the spreadsheet made into a database? I still need labels.

The wizard from File > New > Labels now shows your registered “spreadsheet-database”. Select it, then select the to be used “table”, which actually is a sheet. On the left side you generate the label text. You can write own texts and you can select a database field and insert it into the text with the ← button. Do you read already the help topic “Labels and Business Cards”?

Ok. I have read the relevant help section. What does “Enter the first label mean” in step 6? I selected the first label. I selected all the labels. Nothing happens. If I click synchronize nothing happens. I am sitting here at step six and can’t get anything to happen.

So I have to copy and paste each entry into the first label. But this only copies the first record of the database onto EVERY label. I want each record of the database to go into each label. How do you do that?

OK. See mail merge and labels.