how do I show column a

Column A has disappeared and all the steps I take to show it fail. I did not hide column a. How do I get it back?

Hello,

• Select all cells clicking the square at the intersection of row and column headers
  • Move mouse pointer to any column header
  • Right click -> Show columns

image description

Hope that helps.

If the answer helped you to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.

Didn’t work. But thanks for trying…

I tried adding a column, but it just adds another b column in front of the existing b. Column a is still there, as when I put the pointer to the intersection of rows/columns at the upper left, the Name Box shows “A1:AMJ1048576” Any other suggestions?

It could be if your column A is very narrow, but not exactly 0 (e.g., 0.01 cm; then Show Columns doesn’t change it).But in that case, the mouse pointer should turn into resizing cursor when near the leftmost part of column headers…

You may try to enter A:A into Name box and press Enter; then go to menu Formatâ–¸Columnsâ–¸Width, and set some normal width.

1 Like

Thank you, Mike. But that doesn’t work, either. I tried different combinations of the suggestion, and still, no joy. It’s not an absolutely vital column, but it would be nice to know what caused it/how to fix it. Makes me want to go back to MS Office…

You could provide the file to test. It looks very strange indeed.

I don’t know how to attach the file to this board. Sorry. In the meantime, I copied the sheet in order to send just the one sheet instead of the whole file, and low&behold, the copied sheet has a column A. It’s not the column a listed on the original sheet, however. I’ve screenshots of those sheets if I knew how to post them.

Thanks for posting, Mike K! That was my problem - I couldn’t see that column A was actually there!

Untitled 1.odsUntitled 1.ods(/upfiles/15784389723314636.ods)LibreA.jpg.jpg

Here are the screenshots. I’m also going to try to post the sheet, though it will show a column A. It’s NOT the column A on the original, (the one that shows no column a)

Your uploaded .ods file is pointless, if not showing the problem.

Create an empty spreadsheet.
Then hide columns A and B.
You cannot show them after that.
It is a bug that cannot show any hidden front columns.
Hide column C also to prove my point. Try to show columns A to C now. No joy.
It also cannot be shown again

Caution therefore never hide initial columns until this issue has been solved ASAP please…

@Navrae, always works for me with any of the methods already commented and file type, Try with Menu/Help/Restart on Safe Mode and a clean profile, and if it doesn’t work please report the issueCreate a bug report

Create an empty spreadsheet. Then hide columns A and B. You cannot show them after that. It is a bug that cannot show any hidden front columns. Hide column C also to prove my point. Try to show columns A to C now. No joy. It also cannot be shown again

Caution therefore never hide initial columns until this issue has been solved ASAP please…
No solution proposed. I have even tried anything like saving it as an MS xlsx file. No joy.

image description