How to Import an Apple spreadsheet file?

hi, I start using LibreOffice, I’m a newbe, please give me assistance…I’ve tried to import a AppleNumbers file in libreoffice but it lost almost all formatting, change fonts, lost colors and size of columns and rows, Is a common issue? or I need to import in different way? so I must change de save-setting from Apple numbers? thank for help.

EDIT @Hrbrgr, what is apple numbers:

Looks like bug tdf#140541 so check how many rows you get too.

I see Numbers is claiming some compatibility with Excel. Can you export from Numbers as Excel sheet instead?

Hi, thank you for your answer.
Yes Apple Numbers have the function to export as Excel file.
Excel doesn’t lost data uploading Numbers file. I’m working on numbers via iCloud, I haven’t Numbers installed on Mac. The problem in LibreOffice (also in OpenOffice) is that LO lost font, formatting and all the cells colors.
Can you help me?
Thank you

Tommaso Gomez

EarnestAl
August 19

Looks like bug tdf#140541 so check how many rows you get too.

I see Numbers is claiming some compatibility with Excel. Can you export from Numbers as Excel sheet instead?

Open the file with Numbers and then use Numbers to export the file as Open Document Format or Excel.

Hi. I have made As you wrote. The numbers file is uploaded by excel but in LO lost all the format data colors and fonts

Tommaso Gomez

Villeroy
August 19

Open the file with Numbers and then use Numbers to export the file as Open Document Format or Excel.

This is too much confusion for me.

Could you upload a file (fragment) that opens correctly in Excel, but loses formatting in Calc.

1 Like

@akirastudio, you might consider removing your personal contact details from a public-facing forum.

thank you, how can I?

EDIT @Hrbrgr , i delted it. (done)

When you have the file open in Numbers, Save the file as .xlsx then open the .xlsx in LibreOffice.

Hi thank you
Your suggestion is what I’ve done.after I have uploaded in LO the same file (in .xlsx) but I have lost almost all the formatting data as color, cell dimensions, fonts,etc…the text is ok but formatting of rows and columns are gone.

My copy of Numbers is in iCloud, is not a phisical copy, but have the same characteristics.
My Mac os is Catalina.
Thank you

and upload this file (.xlsx) here, please.

The upload button is in the middle of the toolbar for editing the message.

hi,I hope you are well, here you can check 2 screenshots in the the first, at Left side, there is a spreadsheet done in Numbers, with colors and a formatting. at right side there is the same file “vuoto” (mean Empty) open in xlsx in Excell microsoft. the formatting is almost good, ythe colors are quite good. the second screenshot shows the same file “vuoto” open in LibreOffice at left and the Excell at Right. the formatting, colors and fonts are gone.

here you can find the saved xlsx file vuoto.
and saved in LO.

thank you for the help.

T

Vuoto.xlsx (8.6 KB)

ps. i cannot upload the Numbers file, your system doesnt permit it.

Vuoto.ods (12.4 KB)

For me the .xlsx opens fine in Excel 2010 but not in LibreOffice, on that basis you should file a bug report. How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki
Cheers, Al

Hi,
I’m sorry, I can’t offer a solution, but I did want to say that I think you’ve tagged your question incorrectly: Perhaps you should tag this as “Calc” (the Spreadsheet application) - not “Base”, as it is now.
In Base you wouldn’t be concerned about formatting, only the data… so I can only assume you’re talking about a Spreadsheet (LibreOffice Calc).
Hopefully you will find someone with experience.

In that case, @Kristimar, could you please re-post your “Answer” as a comment. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oops! Sorry about that… :blush:
Newbie… that’s me… :woman_facepalming: