Impress interaction not working

I have an Impress slide set that was created using OpenOffice. I can open the slides and they look like I want. But I cannot get the interaction setup function to jump to page to work. The selected interaction is Go to page or object, I select a page from the list, I click OK, but the page is not stored. Thus the interaction will not work. Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to get the page stored?

Thank you.
Kerry Ober

Version: 24.2.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 51a6219feb6075d9a4c46691dcfe0cd9c4fff3c2
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: CL threaded
Windows 10 Pro
|Version|22H2|
|Installed on|‎2/‎19/‎2021|
|OS build|19045.4651|
|Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19060.1000.0|

on what are you adding it ?
the interaction is there, but without a page # / name ?

can you upload a simple example here ?

For reference :
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?component=Impress&list_id=1765866&order=Importance&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&short_desc=interaction&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr

Hello Pierre.

Thank you for offering to help!

I have attached the impress file I am having problems with. I am barely a novice user of LibreOffice so I am not familiar with all of its various window/mode/etc. names. I will use the numeral next to the upper left corner of of each slide in the “Slides” window to refer to it. Slide 1 is the beginning. It has a single interaction assigned to shape 10. That one works. If you execute the interaction a new slide (103) will appear.

I would like to assign a Go to page or object interaction to each of shapes 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13. When I right click any one of those shapes and choose interaction from the menu, a dialog labelled “Interaction” appears with all? of my slides listed. I choose a slide and the “name?” of slide appears in the Slide/Object field. I then click OK. When the interaction dialog disappears, I right the button a just set up, and then choose execute interaction. The slide changes back to slide 1. When I inspect the Shape x (3D scene) object I tried to modify, the slide interaction is still Go to page object, but the Slide/Object field is empty.

I have tried modifying target slide names, locations in the sequence, sequence numbers (if that is what they are), and targeting the child shape of the 3D scene but none of that helps. I speculate that there is one or more attributes of one or more objects that are not set correctly. But that is just a guess.

I would appreciate any guidance you can supply.

Thank you again.

Kerry

WearerUI_v2.odp (82.5 KB)

thanks for the example.

indeed a bit weird, added an interaction on Shape 9, reopen, the page id is not displayed …
BUT it works fine in the slideshow - a workaround by itself :wink:

I’ve closed and reopen tdf#44888, with a 3 page version of your example.

WearerUI_v2_3pages.odp (17.7 KB)

Let’s see if someone more knowledgeable than us picks it up …

Thank you again for spending time and energy on this. I really appreciate it.

I believe I did not explain the problem I am having very well. Using your example:

The interaction from slide 1 to its target slide works as expected. The problem is that there is no path in the slide show from slide 3 to slide 2 and trying to set one up does not work. If you find a way to move from slide 3 to slide 2, please let me know. And I will put you at the top of my hero list.

yep. probably by default.

it works from the black circle, which is not part of a group.

the problem is with the action parameter in shapes in groups (for GotoPage, or Execute Macro). Any other simple action, like Goto first, previous, next, etc seem to work.

For (technical) reference, the href is actually empty.

<presentation:event-listener script:event-name="dom:click" presentation:action="show" xlink:href="#" xlink:type="simple" xlink:show="embed" xlink:actuate="onRequest"/>