Is there a way to change the order of a custom color palette?

I stumbled on a way to create a custom color palette to solve a problem I had with a recent update of not being able to get custom colors into the highlight/font recents to reuse in a document.

Is there a way to organize or change the order those colors appear in the palette, either by color or by alphabetical name of the color?

Also, is there a way to rename the palette?

Did you look at the link I gave? Unable to replicate highlight color - #4 by EarnestAl

I did not. I will have a look at see if that works when I have time (I’m on a deadline and unable to look in the text files if there’s not an elegant way to do this in the UI).

Maybe, for the sake of speed you just want a wider, ordered colour palette. The one I use most, vertical_KG, is from an OpenOffice question and covers almost all the colours I use in LibreOffice, see https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=303767#p303767
Extract the .soc and place it in the palette folder. Select it from the drop-down list of palettes.

As far as I can see, custom palettes are stored to XML files with extension .soc to the user profile in its config folder. Using an XML editor (mine is Notepad++) you can edit such files to the wanted effect.
For sorting or other automated support for editing you can probably use a spreadsheet. (I didn’t do this yet.)

Hi,

perhaps this PaletteMaker template could help?