LibreOffice 7.3.0.3 unstable

Since upgrading to the latest version of LireOffice I have found that it keeps on crashing.

What operating system are you using?

On what occasion does LibreOffice crash?

Please provide more detailed information about the problems you are experiencing.

I also have this problem.
An Apple Genius forced me to upgrade to Monterey (and didn’t solve the issue I had anyway).
Amongst other things, I had to upgrade to LibreOffice 7.3.03. (My previous version was very old).
I find that LibreOffice now crashes constantly. This morning it hasn’t even been completing the recovery process for documents previously open. I use it mainly to look at .xlsx spreadsheets sent as e-mail attachments in Apple Mail. I am unable to open these attachments without LibreOffice crashing.
It is slightly more stable if I save the attachment and then open it, but only slightly more. I have been reduced to using Numbers.
“Word” documents seem to be fairly stable.
I am using a 2018 15" MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.2.1.
As an update, I have downgraded to LibreOffice 7.2.5.2, but the problem persists. When I clicked on an spreadsheet attachment, an empty grey sheet opened and the program froze. I had to force quit after a few minutes. The sheet I opened from Finder opened without issue.

If you haven’t done so yet, give LibreOffice full disk access from System Preferences > Security & Privacy

I see that you have downgraded from 7.3.0.3 which avoids the need to disable Skia in LibreOffice > Preferences > LibreOffice > View and under Graphics Output untick Use Skia for all rendering and OK out. This is just for reference if someone else reads this.

That worked! Excellent, thank you!

@daglish.a,

Please consider marking your Answer as the solution to help others find a solution. Thanks.

The above works and is the solution for me.

1 Like