LibreOffice Writer prints blank pages

I saw a forum about this issue from '21. In it libreoffice puts the blame on the Lexmark printer. The person with the problem found that the problem resolved when it went back to Libreoffice 6 from Libreoffice 7. I just downloaded 7.3 and typed a very simple note “Free, take me” in 96 font in Landscape to put on an old BBQ. When I went to print preview, I could see the lettering clearly. But when I went to print, the preview there in the Mac Monterey system dialog was blank as was the page. I tried saving it as a docx and then printing and the same problem. I’m using an HP officejet 9020e. I then opened the docx file in Word on Mac and printed it without problem.

Can that help?

1 Like

No, but last year there were trouble with some printer drivers on Windows, because if necessary security updates by MS. So this had to be asked and checked, even if the askin petson didn’t agree.

You are on MacOS, so this sidetrack is unrelated to your situation.

Try the suggestion by Hrbrgr (switch of skia).

No, it seems to be neither the Lexmark printer nor the operating system. I can confirm this bug with Libreoffice 7.6 on Ubuntu Mint 21 with a HP Officejet printer which was printing with Libreoffice 7.5 fine. I used to have this bug with Libreoffice 7.3 , than it was gone for a long time - and now it returned. My configuration:

Linux Mint 21
Printer HP Officejet 476w
LIbreoffice 7.6.0.3 using Writer

The print preview seems fine but all pages it spits out are empty and white. What can I provide to help shading some light on this issue?

PS: Starting in safe mode (Help…restart in safe mode) did not help - still white pages for new or old documents (which print with LO 7.5 flawlessly)

If you have a bug to report then you should report it at the proper place where developers will see it, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

1 Like

And linking it here in a comment could be helpfull too. If other people search this forum for the same problem, they’ll be able to follow the bug report link and confirm the bug, provide additional info…