Problem Creating Labels

I’m trying to populate an Avery label sheet. I have 63 labels, which should go on 5 A4 sheets (14 per sheet). Problem I’m having is that even though each page is fully populated with 14 field mappings when I click the arrows at the top it only populates the top left hand label with the data leaving me with 63 pages!

I also notice that blank fields aren’t suppressed so I get blank lines in the addresses.

Can anyone help please?

Did you download a template from a website (e.g. avery.com) or did you use the label wizard (menu:File>New>Labels…)?
The downloaded template might be a table. The self made one consists of tiled frames and should work OK.
Do you get one page with 14 labels from record #1, another page with 14 labels from record #2 and so on until page #63?
Call menu:Insert>Fields>More Fields[Ctrl+F2], tab “Database” and append a field of type “Next Record” at the end of each label text except the last label. This thing becomes visible more clearly when you check menu:View>Field Names [Ctrl+F9]. This tells the program to move further to the next record. Do not apply this field to the last bottom-right label because the page break acts in the same way. You would skip every 15th record then.

You can always decide to print out a document first, so you don’t waste ink and paper.

biblio_labels_frames.odt (16.9 KB)
biblio_labels_table.odt (12.6 KB)

The attached two documents are label sheets filled with data from the Bibliography database shipped with your office suite. I assume that you can test these documents with real database content without changing anything.

biblio_labels_frames.odt has been created with menu:File>New>Labels… It has one editable frame and 7 linked ones. After editing the first one, you click [Synchronize Labels] in order to update the other 7.
Toggle menu:View>Field Names [Ctrl+F9] in order to see the long field names including the final one reading [Next record: Bibliography.biblio]. My biblio table contains 20 records which gives 2 1/2 sheets of 8 labels per sheet. Print, confirm serial print, choose “File” instead of “Printer” and specify the output file. Open the output file.

biblio_labels_table.odt is a manually created quick mockup based on a text table like the ones that can be downloaded from various sites. The table has 3 columns including one spacer in the middle and 7 rows including 3 spacers between the 4 label rows. I copied the label contents from the first label of the other file 8 times into the label cells of the table.
I left one error in that table intentionally. Print, confirm serial print, choose “File” instead of “Printer” and specify the output file. The output will miss labels #9 and #18 leaving only 2 instead of 4 labels on the 3rd sheet. This is because in this setup the page breaks induce an extra jump to the next record in addition to the [Next record] field of in last table cell. You get rid of this problem by deleting the [Next record] field from the last label.

Please see → Auto-hiding empty mail merge fields
For the labels, are you viewing the print output? Links to procedures here → Is there a way to print mailing labels in LibreOffice?

Thanks both for your help. I’ve managed to create the labels now, it seems that what I was doing wrong was saying “No” to the Form prompt when printing the labels. To answer the question, I used the label wizard.

I’ve been having a play and can still find ways to mess it up but I’m documenting the correct process so hopefully will be able to do again next time.

By the way I should have said in my OP, I’m using LO 7.2 on Windows 10.

Thanks again for the help.