Status Bar empty

I’ve managed to blank the status bar in Writer.

When I go to the View menu and switch Status Bar on/off, the bar appears/disappears at the bottom of the page, however it is blank regardless of whether a new document or loaded old document. I’ve restarted in SafeMode and it still doesn’t work. Reset factory defaults, still no luck. The status bar is fine in Calc. The status bar is fine in Writer on my other machine. I’ve googled but found nothing, so it must be something really stupid I’ve done…any ideas to solve this issue?
Thanks

Version: 6.4.5.2
Build ID: 1:6.4.5-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-GB
Calc: threaded

Version: 6.4.5.2 Build ID: 1:6.4.5-0ubuntu0.20.04.1

Is this the initial LibreOffice install on your Ubuntu system? If yes - check the following procedure (sounds pretty drastically but solved many issues on initial installs on Ubuntu 20.04 based distributions):

Complete deinstall

dpkg --list | awk '/ii/&&/libreoffice/{print $2}' | sudo xargs apt --yes purge
sudo apt --yes autoremove
sudo rm -r /usr/lib/libreoffice/*

Reinstall

sudo apt update --yes
sudo apt install libreoffice libreoffice-gtk3 libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb libreoffice-help-en-us

Ref.:

I’ve been using Libreoffice on Ubuntu for eight years. I did get a boot error last week and had to run boot repair, so maybe something got corrupted then. If no one comes up with a less drastic solution, I’ll try the reinstall. thank you

I’ve been using Libreoffice on Ubuntu for eight years. I did get a boot error last week and had to run boot repair

Are you trying to tell that before your boot problem, you

• had Ubuntu 20.04 (which is not 8 years old) on your system
  • and had LibreOffice 6.4.5.2 installed
  • and did not face the problem

?

If no one comes up with a less drastic solution,

Don’t expect that, since you stated that resetting the user profile doesn’t fix the issue and additionally initial install of LibreOffice on Ubuntu 20.04 based system is known for having a lot of problems (PDF creation, Offline Help, Printing problems) which seem to not be related to each other. All of 'em could be fixed only by a reinstall.

But of course it's your choice.

Thank you. Sounds like a glitch in my LibreOffice 6.4.5.2 rather than me accidentally hitting a series of keystrokes which blanked the status bar. Will reinstall.

Sounds like a glitch in my LibreOffice 6.4.5.2

No - it’s a glitch of Ubuntu 20.04 and their initial install procedure.

Great instructions to reinstall. All done without a hitch and status bar restored to full glory.

Reopened the question since it wasn’t a duplicate (as given as closure reason) and there is no need to close a question rather to indicate that a question has been answered (see the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer).

For the records:

perform the following procedure:

Complete deinstall

dpkg --list | awk '/ii/&&/libreoffice/{print $2}' | sudo xargs apt --yes purge
sudo apt --yes autoremove
sudo rm -r /usr/lib/libreoffice/*

Reinstall

sudo apt update --yes
sudo apt install libreoffice libreoffice-gtk3 libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb libreoffice-help-en-us

Ref.:

Hope that helps.

If the answer fixed your problem, please consider to click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer. Thanks in advance …