Table in writer jumps to next page and there is space left in current page

Hi, I am having issues with a 2 pages table. I create the table after a paragraph (lets say page 1) and start filling it with text, but as soon as it gets bigger than the space left in the page 1, it jumps (the whole table) to next page (pages 2) instead of splitting the row and continues smoothly.

What it is funnier is that when the table overflows its current new empty page (page 2) it does split the table and the row correctly to continue in page 3 and keeps correctly divided in two pages. Precisely what it didn’t do previously.
Why does it not work in page 1?

I read some forums (like this and although there is not a break page before the table (or after the paragraph) and all the options seems to be proper set, the table refuses to use the space after the paragraph (half page) and goes to the next one.

I checked also paragraph style and there is nothing that should prevent this to work.

LibreOffice ver.: 7.4.2.3.

Table properties → text flow:

a) Options checked (X):

• Allow table to split accross pages and columns
  • Allow row to break pages accross pages and columns

b) Options unchecked:

• Break
  • Keep with next paragraph

It is important cause it is an official document with a lot of tables, and I need them to behave properly. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Also you see the settings as you expect them they may not be applied to all cells. Tp make sure, select the whole table and apply again the settings, then OK

Hi, thanks for the try.

No result. In fact I tried every combination I could think of: selecting no cell, one cell, one row, several rows, all rows, the whole table (selecting everything and applying), but not result at all. Using not only “table properties” but also right button->style and the option for split text with one or several rows selected. With same result = no result. Table starts in next page.

Anyway, I got it! Do not know why. Process: I created another dumb table before mine with some results (dumb table also jumped, and i also try different options). However when I removed this dumb table, my table magically placed it correctly. Reason? Any idea why? I am very interested in figure out what or why it fixed, cause I will probably face dozens of similar situations this the same document. :S

Thanks for the help!

If you still have a document showing the mishap, attach it for analysis. Delete everything after the table, except perhaps a paragraph of text. Replace private data with “neutral” one.