Table problem in Vanilla Libre

Hi,
I’m running Vanilla Libre 7.2.5.2 on a MacBook Air 10.14.6 and I can create tables but the table is filled gray and I can type but I can’t see the text! I’ve looked through all the documentation but there’s no reference to it aside from background colour and it’s the default setting. The manual’s no help at all as it seems to be for a Windoze machine eg, to create a Table, Command F12 just turns the volume up.

Please upload a document with a sample table here so someone can look at it and examine it. Thanks.

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response

Here’s a screenshot. Note where the cursor is in the 2nd column where I’d typed the header. And the borders don’t show, in fact nothing shows!

F

A screenshot doesn’t give any information about what’s going on. Please upload a real document. It can have completely neutral text, you don’t have to post your credit card or social security number, but give us something that we can really work with.

1 Like

Even if it is the default setting, you should be able to change it. Probably with Table - Properties, Background tab (if that’s available on a Mac).

To solve a side issue

On laptops, if the F keys by default perform an auxillary function such as volume, then you need to press the Fn key + F key at the same time. If there is no Fn key on your Mac keyboard, you can press the Control key + F key

BTW the Writer Guide Mac OS Edition 7.2 can be downloaded from English documentation | LibreOffice Documentation - LibreOffice User Guides

Hi,
Okay, attached is a page

table-test.docx (5.57 KB)

Your sample displays correct under LO 7.3.4.2, Fedora 36 Linux, KDE Plasma desktop.

But, you document is saved .docx which implies conversion on open and once more on save. This may be enough to damage the file. As a golden rule, always work in native format. This rule is valid for any application.

I created a new doc in native format (odt?), it didn’t make any difference.

Then are you sure the configuration for your sample is exactly the same as in your real file? Check the following properties:

• table
    • background (for cell, row and table)
  • paragraph styles (font effects for font color andhidden attribute, area for background colour)
    • Table Contents
    • Table Heading

Make also sure you have no direct formatting over your table (select the table or some cell and Command+M)

Command- M just shoves the window into the Dock!

It’s like I’m using another application!!!

Here’s a brand new doc in ODT format, a bit of text and 2 X 12 table. Check it out

f

The table displays correctly for me with LO 7352 (Arm silicon build) and macOS 12.5 on Apple Arm M1.

I can also see the table correctly from your test docx file in LibreOffice Vanilla 7.2.5.2 on macOS 12.5 Arm M1.

Oh yes, it’s all there, I just can’t see it! It’s not being displayed.

This is what I see when I highlight the page:

Try turning off (if you can) Skia rendering under LibreOffice Vanilla > Preferences > Display > Use hardware acceleration.

There is no Display option, no hardware accelerator

f

How about if I revert to an earlier version, it never used to do this?

f

Or upgrade your LO version to a 7.3.x version from the TDF LibreOffice download page, rather than LibreOffice Vanilla from the Appstore (which is presumably what you are using).

1 Like

In addition to @iplaw67 ,

Download LibreOffice