Too Many Days in Month when less than 31 (Solved)

Hi, I’m trying to create a planner for a number of months. They are down the left hand side, with the days across the top.
As the number of days in the month change, the days across the top can extend for too long, as there are 31 columns in the sheet.

If that is not clear, please leave a reply, and I will try and explain again.

The attached file shows the problem that I’m trying to solve.

YearPlanner.ods

Thanks loads

Martin

Hello

not sure whether I got your problem right, but please check the modified file using - starting in cell C1 - the following formula:
=IF(AND(B1<>"";DAY(B1+1)>DAY(B1));B1+1;"") and so on …

PlannerModified.ods

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks loads, at an initial look, it looks topps!!!
Could you possibly send a link as to where gives you a hint as how to do it??
Martin

A link to what? I cannot provide a link to my brain (and if I could, I wouldn’t).

No problem, thanks for your help
Martin

If the answer solves your problem click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer. Thanks in advance.

Wonderful, I’m sorry about messing up the forum.

I have removed the answer that was here, as mistakenly thought it was the place for what I thought the best answer was. Sorry

And which additional information does this additional answer provide?

Sorry, I thought this is where I put what I consider the best answer.

No - clicking the check mark (as you already did - thanks for that) is the way to indicate what you consider the best answer.

@Windcheetah You used the Propose Your Solution edit pane, which is meant for adding possible ways to solve the issue presented. Your entry added nothing to the solution already given by Opaque.

Most likely you meant to comment on that solution. You could have done that by adding a comment (the yellow “Add a comment” speech bubble/plus sign icon below their answer). It is not really needed, because clicking the checkmark (which you or an admin/mod did) essentially says the same thing, but most likely it would be appreciated.

Upvoting (click the up arrow over the “score” for the answer) is another easy way to “comment” on the quality of the answer without actually posting a comment.

Thanks for the info, I hope I’ve corrected my errors