Unable to install Spanish language in 7.1.0 in Catalina

I have downloaded the latest version of the program and the Spanish language pack several times.

But I have never been able to install it: after clicking on the second step and selecting the program in the applications folder, I get an alert:

“/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Esta no es una instalación válida de LibreOffice 7.1.
Ejecute el instalador de nuevo y elija una instalación válida de LibreOffice 7.1
Botón Instalar”

"/Applications/LibreOffice.app/ This is not a valid installation of LibreOffice 7.1.
Run the installer again and choose a valid LibreOffice 7.1 installation
Install button "

I have made several attempts, with different downloads of this version, and it never succeeds. If with the previous 7.0.4.2 or earlier.

I have deleted all LibreOffice folders in my user library, but it doesn’t solve anything. I can only install older versions, any, but not the latest. What’s happening? It can be fixed?

Hello,

it’s a bug (tdf#134607) in the installation script of the language pack - for a workaround check answer to question Can't install Dutch language pack on MacOS

Hope that helps.

I replied in the other thread inadvertently, it worked perfectly for me for the mentioned version, thanks.

However, now I am updating to the new version and the same thing happens again.
And the same trick doesn’t work for me. I will have to try rebooting or something else. I have even forced exit from the finder, to test without result. Pity. I see that this way of installing the language packs does not quite work with the new Apple systems. Is that why they are abandoning support for systems like 10.11?

Hi,

This workaround does not work in all cases.

Regards,

MN

You can bypass the check if you are sure that Libreoffice and Libreoffice Language Pack are for the same code.

If that… copy LibreOffice Language Pack.app to desktop

Right click it and select show content, go to Content Resources and open with some texteditor osx_install.applescript

In line 127 to 133 add before the code two -
like this

– now only check whether the path is really from LibreOffice
–try
– do shell script “mdls --raw --name kMDItemFSName --name kMDItemVersion " & quoted form of (choice as string) & " | xargs -0 | fgrep ‘LibreOffice.app 7.2’”
–on error
– display dialog (choice as string) & appInvalid buttons {InstallLabel} default button 1 with icon 0
– return 3 --wrong target-directory
–end try

save and execute LibreOffice Language Pack.app

Thanks very much faralai.
Very handsome helpful advice.

After doing as you told us, I had to struggle with apple security (OS10.13.6 here), though.
In Terminal
sudo spctl --master-disable
move Mac security preferences to “download app from anywhere”
execute modified LibreOffice Language Pack.app
then back to normal security in Terminal with
sudo spctl --master-enable

LibreOffice 7.4.1.2 is now in my home language (french).
Great !

Hi,

Know bug; workaround is to perform a manual installation of language pack. It is explained here https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/installation-impossible-du-pack-de-langue-francais-sous-macos-contournement/81783, in French. You can GoogleTranslate it to English or Spanish.

Regards,

MN