Vertical Alignment in Table Cell is broken in Preview and Printout

I have a table inside a frame where most of the table cells are vertically aligned (see attached example).

The alignment looks fine while editing, but in the preview and on the printout, it turns into a top-aligned text.
I’ve tried removing the direct formatting (CTRL+M), but that doesn’t seem to fix it.

LibreOffice - Writer - Table - Cell - Vertical Alignment doesn’t work.odt (27.9 KB)

If I open in 7.2.6.2 then I see the vertical misalignment.
In 7.3.2.2 as it looks like @Hrbrgr screenshot in my version. Maybe @PeterLairo could post a bug report, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

In image left is 7.2.6.2 while right is 7.3.2.2

Version: 7.2.6.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Version: 7.3.2.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: b0ec3a565991f7569a5a7f5d24fed7f52653d754
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22000; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-NZ (en_NZ); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL

1 Like

LibreOffice 7.1.8.1 on Windows 7.

Just open:

Clicking in the document changes de alignment:

Print preview also changes the alignment:

The window size, affect the vertical alignment:

2 Likes

If I open a new document in 7.2.6.2 and create new frames and then paste the tables inside them from the original document, the print preview shows the text is stable and does not move position.
77052 AS WriterTableCell_Vertical Alignment.odt (16.5 KB)

The original frames are not LibreOffice frames, they do not show the paragraph marks for a start. I assume they are MS Office text boxes. I’m not sure why 7.3 handles them better.

If do you delete the inner table, you can see the pilcrow (¶). But MS could be mingled here.

Thanks for your reply.

The original frames are LibreOffice frames. The file is a pure LO file. It is not imported from Word.

The absence of Paragraph mark is because I have them turned off (View / Formatting Marks, CTRL+F10). I find them useless and distracting.

I might have been hasty in saying they were MS. But the paragraph mark wasn’t visible. There isn’t enough room in the frame for them, 12 point paragraph (4.2mm) and table 9.7mm inside frame 9.83mm high.

If I select the frame, then in the Frame Styles pane I double click the style Frame to apply it and then double-click style Rahmen - 2x3 pro Blatt to reapply it then the frame expands and the paragraph becomes visible. If I print preview now, the text in the table in that frame appears as it should.

It seems there is some effect from not allowing room for the paragraph in the frame. Maybe reduce the font size to 2pt in the frame so it doesn’t take up much room.

1 Like

I think the screenshot of the print preview looks good.

77052 HB WriterTableCell_Vertical Alignment

You could of course eliminate the direct formatting of the text.

With me:
Version: 7.3.2.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 49f2b1bff42cfccbd8f788c8dc32c1c309559be0
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL

Here is the document without direct formatting:

77052 HB WriterTableCell_Vertical Alignment.odt (24,7 KB)