Chart: two data sets opposite side of bar chart

How to place COLUMN D and Column F opposition in a BAR Chart

Column D on the right and Column F on the left, on the same chart layout

please see attachment

Image as an example

Two data sets opposite side of chart 07-05-2024.ods (39.3 KB)

I don’t quite understand what you mean. Can you elaborate or explain the question?

Column D on the left of the charts, and move column F to the right of the charts?

Or reverse the X axis so the graphs point in opposite directions?

Yes, thank U
“Column D on the left of the charts, and move column F to the right of the charts”

Column D on the right and Column F on the left, on the same chart layout

Not me, but @JG101: Two data series…

Then why is your answer Chart: two data sets opposite side of bar chart - #4 by LeroyG not correct? Because it uses negatives?

Yes, in the horizontal left axis.

Two data sets opposite side of chart 07-05-2024 LeroyG.ods (40.6 KB)

Thank U, I updated my original post (image)

is there a way to perform without having to convert one set to a negative value.

an example of what I’m looking for …

It is very simple: copy the value -1 and paste special over the list choosing Multiply:
imagen
Or you can use an auxiliary column with the formula =-D6, etc.

Not sure. Will test.

I can’t find a way. But, if the issue is the negative values in the chart, you can format the Y Axis numbers as 0;0, that is: positive and negative values without the minus sign.

Two data sets opposite side of chart 07-05-2024 LeroyG.ods (40.4 KB)

1 Like
  1. Yes, double click to edit the chart.
  2. Right click the Y axis and select “Format Axis”.
  3. Select “Reverse Direction”. Select OK

That seems not to work:
imagen

Then I don’t think I understand what you’re trying to do. Can you draw an example?

Like this?
Two data sets opposite side of chart 07-05-2024 - Ash733 Changes.ods (40.3 KB)

I double clicked the right chart, right clicked the Y axis and selected “Format Axis”, Selected “Reverse Direction”, and set the Axis maximum to 45000 to match the left chart. Then moved the chart elements so the text “Column F” is on the left side of the chart.

Now I understand what you mean:

Like this?

Two data sets opposite side of chart Ash733 Edit 20240729.ods (49.0 KB)

You must remove the Strike (column E) from the ploted data series (see the little red squares near the right-side axis). But this will result in that the blue bar for 31 will be partly hidden by the yellow one.