Watermark Control

ماهي كيفية التحكم في العلامة المائية حدث معي شيء غريب حيث أنه جزء من العلامة المائية فوق النص وجزء خلفة

[What is the way to control the watermark? A strange thing happened to me, as part of the watermark is above the text and part behind it] - Added translation EarnestAl

Version: 7.5.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 36ccfdc35048b057fd9854c757a8b67ec53977b6
CPU threads: 2; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (ar_SA); UI: ar-SA
Calc: threaded

Please explain in english or post in your language category instead, thank you.

After greeting in the Arabic section there is no interaction I have already shown topics in the past so use the translator if you want help and this is the link to the topic
شبة فقدان العمل - العَرَبِيَّة‎‎ - Ask LibreOffice

I thought it’s the other way around…

You increase your chances to get an answer a lot if you paste the translated version inside your post.
From our perspective we wouldn’t only need to come up with a solution and take the time to post it here but additionally take the time to go to a translating site and translate your post.

2 Likes

Remove highlight colour from text.

إزالة لون التمييز من النص.

Cheers, Al

I respect your point of view and I never wanted to mess around, as I know that help is free It is not logical that I do not return the favor and the idea is not who needs the other more, but as a matter of cooperation, I see that the sender needs before sending to open the browser, then translate and then return to the community, and this process wastes more time compared to the recipient when receiving, as it requires him to press the right mouse button, then translate or return to the original text and the responses may reach 40+ Restitution.

لم اجد الخيار المذكور فضلا على كونه مفعل
ملاحظة عزيزي اكتب بلغتك انا استخدم المترجم

It is Character Highlighting in the text, not the watermark.

HighlightingCoversOverWatermark.odt (53.0 KB)
If not, then please provide a one page sample document

1 Like

غير معنون 4.odt (28.4 KB)

You have used a lot of direct formatting. You should have set the Body Text style to give the font and font size. You could then just select all the text and press Ctrl+M to remove the extra direct formatting that is hiding the watermark.

To just change the direct formatted white highlighting to none

• Select all the text
  • Click Format > Character and select Highlighting tab
  • Click the button None, refer to my screenshot above

لقد قمت بجزء من الاجراء وليس كله تحديدا الشق الثاني وتم تحقيق الهدف سؤال اخر هل يمكن التحكم بالنص وجهلة متصل وليس متقطع او تغيير
حجمة او اضافة اشكال مستطيل مثلا ؟

I have done part of the procedure, but not all of it, specifically the second part, and the goal has been achieved. Another question: Is it possible to control the text and make it continuous and not broken, or change its size, or add rectangular shapes, for example?

Do you always write in Traditional Arabic 18 pt font? If you do you could Click Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer > Basic Fonts CTL and set your default font & size.

Instead you could set the Default Paragraph Style to Traditional Arabic 18 pt ( and Heading style to 22pt). Then click File > Templates > Save as Templates, give it a name as tick the box Default.

1 Like

As you rightfully note help is a benevolent activity. We are happy to share our knowledge but this requires that a question arouses our curiosity. This leg of AskLO site is dedicated to “Globish” lingua franca (I write “Globish” because most of us are not English-speaking native and we don’t pretend to fully master English). So, if a question cannot be understood, or at least read, in 10 seconds, you have very little chance to get relevant answers.

You suggest to use automatic translators. Unfortunately, this technology is not yet mature and results do not seem satisfactory. In the end, after 'translation", your question does not meet minimal understanding threshold. This is why you were suggested to ask on the Arabic leg. I know there are several variants of Arabic but you could find a proper contributor although the Arabic leg does not seem to be very active.

To make things worse, your questions are only one-liners. You don’t describe your goal, not what you did and you don’t explain why you are worried with the actual result.

Writer is a very powerful document processor, consequently complex and difficult to master until your understand its founding principles. I highly recommend you read some documentation first. The Writer Guide does not seem to exist in Arabic. Try to find tutorials on the web.

حسنا ولكني اخطئت في صياغة السؤال لكنها معلومة احتاجها ومهمة وتم انجازها سؤالي هل يمكن التحكم في نص العلامة المائية من حيث اضافة اشكال او جعل النص متصل وليس متقطع كما هو في مستندي الاخير

حسنا ولكني اخطئت في صياغة السؤال لكنها معلومة احتاجها ومهمة وتم انجازها سؤالي هل يمكن التحكم في نص العلامة المائية من حيث اضافة
اشكال او جعل النص متصل وليس متقطع كما هو في مستندي الاخير

[Well, but I made a mistake in formulating the question, but it is information that I need and is important, and it has been completed. My question is, is it possible to control the text of the watermark in terms of adding shapes, or making the text continuous and not discontinuous, as it is in my last document]

The watermark is continuous, you have hidden it with highlighting. Set highlighting to None and you will see it complete. Maybe, the highlighting came from some text you copied from Word?

You can make a picture, including any text, of what you want for a watermark. Keep it low resolution and low contrast and save it as jpg.
Click Format > Page Style. Select Area tab, click Image button and then Add / Import.
Navigate to and select your saved image, Open > OK.
With your watermark selected in Image, under Style select Custom position/size. Enter the original Width and Height dimensions. OK

Watermark using image:

SampleWatermark.odt (47.0 KB)

هل يمكنك مساعدتي في معرفة طريقة تغيير نوع الخط والحجم بالاضافة الى طريقة ضبط المسافة بين النص والشكل بشكل تلقائي وزيادة سمك حواف الشكل
غير معنون 5.odt (10.6 KB)

Can you help me know how to change the font type and size, in addition to how to automatically adjust the distance between the text and the shape, and increase the thickness of the shape’s edges?

That is a lot. I can do exactly what you ask in Draw, but is that what you want, I wonder?

It is easier to put a border around your text box instead of a separate rectangle.

1. Delete the rectangle.
  2. Double click the text in the text box to select it and change size to 96 pt
  3. Keep the text selected and change colour to light grey
    Watermark02
  4. Click away from the text, then single click on text to select the text box. In the Sidebar, under Line, select Continuous to put a line around the text box.
  5. Change the Width (directly below Line) to 4.5 pt
  6. Change the colour, directly below Width, to light grey.
  7. Note the size of the text box in the Status Bar, for example, 10.98 mm x 7.11 mm
  8. With the text box still selected, click File > Export, tick the box Selection, select type JPEG, and name the file. Click OK. Click OK on new dialogue.

You have created the image. Now to add it as a watermark

• Click Format > Page style, select the Area tab, click button Image.
  • Click the button Add / Import, navigate to your image, select it and OK. Give it a name if you don’t like what you named it before. It will appear in the Image pane
  • Select your image, under Style select Custom position/size, under Width enter the width from step 7 above, under Height enter the height form step 7, Position Centre. OK
    Watermark05

You now have a watermark in the centre of your page. You can delete the text box

Watermark_EAغير معنون 5.odt (45.6 KB)

لماذا تظهر العلامة المائية بهذا الشكل علما اني قمت بتجربة صيغ حفظ مختلفة مثل بي دي اف وغيرة في البداية كان النموذج يعمل بشكل وبعد التعديل اصبح يظهر متقطع ومبتور

The water mark is fine; it is your text that still has the problem since the beginning but I thought that you had fixed it, see your translated comment:

There is still a white highlight to your text which needs to be removed.

Possibly, the text was copied from a Word document and, in conversion, it incorrectly gave it a white highlight.

قمت بكتابة النص بنفسي داخل وريتر ولم يكن منقولا الاحتمال اني قمت بتمييزة اثناء العبث وتجربة التطبيق او استكشافة مسبقاً ولو اني اشك في ذلك

I wrote the text myself inside Writer and it was not copied. It is possible that I highlighted it while messing around and trying out the application or exploring it beforehand, although I doubt it.