Writing duplicates to another column

if I have a data of 10 columns and 12000 rows in which a few columns have few duplicates in certain rows.
How can I write another column, in which it says which column has a duplicate entry with respect to that particular row? IN LIBRE CALC, please help me :slight_smile:

edit:
if you look into the “M” column you can see the type of output I need.
if I have to find the duplicates that way for thousands of records .i I can’t do it manually so I need a generalized formula to show me the output.

please do the neeedful :slight_smile:
copy_doc.xlsx

1st half of the file : 1.xlsx
2nd half : 2.xlsx

thankyou :slight_smile:

Hi, have a look at the attached, column B is =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$29,A2) which you can then filter to show where the count is not 1, column C =IF(B2>1,A2," ") just shows column A where the count is greater than 1.
Let us know if it helps.
LOQ_20200317.ods

HI, as a starting point, LOQ_20200318.xlsxhave a look at the attached, I have added a sheet to show the duplicates. Have a look and let us know what you think. I have added the results to column N on your sample sheet.

Hi, if you click in the cells in “Checksheet” you will see the formula used, another sheet attached, which I tidied a bit and added the conditional formatting, so it looks more like your sheet. Not quite sure I understand your last comment, can you explain a little more of what your trying to achieve.
LOQ_20200318a.xlsx

Hi I have done the first file, across as far as column K(main mailing address), however there are very few duplicates in each category. Don’t know if when I will get chance to do the 2nd file. Had to split 1st in 2 to be able to upload it.
LOQ_20200319a1.xlsx
LOQ_20200319a2.xlsx

Thank you so much.
But I need it for multiple columns. I have tried applying your solution but I couldn’t wrap my head around how to execute it for so many columns. Please look into my question as I have updated it with a document.
I tried identifying duplicates using conditional formatting but
the output I need should be almost the same way as I’ve manually typed in the M column in the document

can you do the needful? :slight_smile:
thankyou so much for your help

That was helpful. Thank you and I really want to know how you implemented it.
But is there any chance I could print the duplicates in the same column, and the same page as the one in my spreadsheet?
or instead of the column’s respective names like instead of printing “name”, it could print “B”

Sorry to bother you I’m new to this :frowning:
and I have to get this task done

I just wanted to know if there is any specific formula that I can apply and the answers display like the one in my spreadsheet in the “M” column.
for a non-technical person, they should easily be able to apply the formula and get the output on the go on the same spreadsheet instead of another sheet.
is it possible?

thankyou :slight_smile:

Hi, as you have 11 categories to check for duplicates, the use of the 2nd sheet is just as a “working sheet”, just makes it easier to work with and then the results can be posted on your original data, as you can see column N on the last file posted is like your column M. The COUNTIF (which I used to find the duplicates) function is fairly simple, once you have used a few times it becomes easier. If you use the same layout and 2nd sheet name as I have you should be able to copy the functions over your 12000 lines. If you want to see how the conditional formatting was applied, let me know and I will post it. Let us know how you get on.

that was helpful, but I have a small issue here.
I’ll forward you another document I tried to apply the same formula but I’m not getting any answers.
can you implement the same on this sheet? because I’ve been working on it since you gave me.
I’m not getting the answers I desired

I’m uploading that document in the question section.
thankyou so much for taking your time to help me out :slight_smile:

Sure, don’t see your new file, now many records(rows) are in it?

it says the file is too large. it has around 12k records
or may I get your email id so that I can forward it through that?

How large is the file? can you split it?

Heyy,
I just split the file into two halves please take a look at it

Hi, which columns are to checked for duplicates, there are more columns in this file than the previous.

Every column has to be checked for duplicates and the output should be written in the last column i.e. “P” column.
the same way you did in the previous sheet

sorry if I’m bothering you too much :frowning:

Wow, thank you so much, this is what I needed. you made my day
Please let me know when you are finished with the second one too.
I’m so grateful to you :slight_smile:
and also as a favor can you list out steps on how to apply the formulas on the columns, if I want to apply to another spreadsheet?

Hi,
Can I ask what your trying to ultimately achieve, as there are very few duplicates outside the address columns.

When you’re trying to set up an office, one of the hardest things to do is remembering to write duplicates. After all, there’s no reason for you to waste paper when you don’t have to. However, there are some ways that you can make this task easier, especially in an office setup installation where everyone writes on their own. The easiest way to handle a paper-free office setup is to actually move everything into the office, so you won’t have to worry about forgetting to bring anything in. Of course, this is a big hassle and can be very time consuming. Luckily, there are other options that you can consider.

Laser liposuction is a medical procedure in which a laser beam, or laser energy, is used to burn unwanted fat away. This treatment is not only popular in the cosmetic industry but has been used in the military for years. Using a laser line machine is safer than most other types of surgery. It also leaves behind less visible scars. Safe And Painless: laser lipo machine utilizes low intense red laser light for creating a gentle and safe bio Stimulation: laser lipo machine produces safe and gentle red laser pulses that are effective in targeting fat cells within the body.