Is LibreOffice 4 available for Android?

With the recent release of LibreOffice 4, I thought I should bring up this old question again.

Please let the community know if there are any nightly, alpha or beta pre-releases for early-adopters. I don’t mind if it’s not currently stable, I just at least want to see the state of it rather than getting vague old rumours of ETAs such as “late 2012” or “early 2013”.

I’m going to make donations for each of the first alpha, the first beta, and the first stable when they are available on F-Droid or Google Play.

I am going to close this duplicate question, in favour of the original (linked in the question above). Seems unnecessary to constantly update both questions.

Hi @JamesHaigh,

2014-09-11 update: Blog entry by Andrzej Hunt showing rendering of Calc documents.

2014-09-04 update: TDF blog entry seeking tender from 3rd parties to:

develop the base framework for an Android version of LibreOffice with basic editing capabilities to start work as soon as possible.

2014-08-19 update: Second blog entry by Tomaž Vajngerl indicating support for Impress and Draw documents.

2014-07-18 update: The recent blog entry by Tomaž Vajngerl indicates the delays have been due to rebasing on Mozilla code. An ODF viewer is expected first (around v4.4) which will then be enhanced to provide editing functionality.

Update 2:

Daily Builds are available here.

• Remember: These are testing builds and not for production use. More stuff may be broken than working, at this point :slight_smile:

If you’re interested in helping us improve our support on Android, please take a look at the ‘Developers’ section of our wiki page for LibreOffice on Android.

Update:

That’s all I know for now :slight_smile:

I don’t want to mark this question as a dupe, but unfortunately I don’t think there’s much news for you.

We’ve pushed the Android Impress Remote up to Google Play, but I haven’t heard much about LO on Android since December. There’s been so much interest in the topic that I’ll do a bit more digging for you guys and see if I can get some more concrete information.

I know it might seem like throwing money into a well and wishing, but if anyone is urgently waiting for the Android release and has a large disposable income, please feel free to donate to the LibreOffice project and accompany your donation with a note indicating that you’d like your funds to go towards Android development.

You might be excited about the following video about LibreOffice on Android:

Donation please.

All demands to pay now, where you were taught payment over investment for less disadvantage, it is also trap&crap.

This is how I feel about current business model, and I don’t like it.

Hi @Jiero,

I’m not exactly sure if you’re promoting or rejecting the idea of donations, but your comment sounds a bit abrasive and it might be better-received if it were reworded.

Thanks!